Online Food Delivery Apps are making a great business these days. Especially, since the pandemic days have ended, people are eager to eat restaurant meals again. However, now everyone prefers to order food online instead of visiting crowded restaurants. Therefore, Online Food Delivery business and Food Delivery App Development are in great demand now. However, the Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024 can increase by 10-20% and might cost $13,000-$40,000 on average due to its increased demand. But, if you understand the Food Delivery App Development process, then you can save yourself from getting tricked.
Table of Contents
|What is a Food Delivery App?|
|Why Build a Food Delivery App in 2024?|
|What is the Food Delivery App Development Process?|
|How Much Does Food Delivery App Development Cost in India?|
|10 Tips To Cut You From Food Delivery App Development Costs in 2024|
|1. You Don’t Need an Uber Eats, Zomato, or Swiggy for Your Business!|
|2. Research on Food Delivery Trends and not on the Food Delivery App Development Process|
|3. Focus Primarily on These Customer Features in Food Delivery App Development|
|4. Necessary Features for the User|
|5. Unnecessary Features in a Food Delivery App|
|6. Note This Mandatory Delivery Driver Features that Worth The Food Delivery App Development Cost|
|7. Choose a Web Development Company and Not a Freelance Developer for Food Delivery App Development|
|8. Never Skip Testing to Cut Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024|
|9. Customize Features to Cut Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024|
|10. Choose Web Application Over Mobile Food Delivery App Development If You Can|
So, are you planning to start your online food delivery business in 2024? Do you need an online food delivery mobile application for your business? Well, you might tricked by the wrong web developers and might have to pay 10 times more! Do not fall prey to the sugar-coated talks of wrong web development companies. Here is a complete guide to the food delivery app development process, including cost, and features for you that will help you get the maximum features at the minimum price! Check these tips below that no other company will share with you-
What is a Food Delivery App?
An online food delivery app is a mobile application that serves as a connecting link between a restaurant and a customer. The aim of a food delivery app is to help a diner order food online from the restaurant of his/her choice.
It also allows the customer to track the order online to know at what time the food will reach the desired location. Additionally, one can pay online hassle-free for the food. Some of the most popular food delivery apps include Uber Eats, Zomato, and Swiggy.
Why Build a Food Delivery App in 2024?
The outbreak of the pandemic and the resultant social distancing changed the lifestyle habits of people in a dramatic way. According to Quora, 75 thousand to 1.5 Lac online food delivery orders are received every day in India. So, the online food delivery business is growing in popularity every day. Eventually, food delivery app development is also in great demand these days.
So, if you are interested in owning a food business, the need for having a food delivery app will come in handy. However, food delivery app development costs might scare you off already. But there are different ways to save money that we are discussing ahead.
What is the Food Delivery App Development Process?
The food delivery app development process includes coding the food delivery mobile application and launching the same. However, it might sound quite easy, but the food delivery app development process goes through different steps-
- Researching food delivery app development latest industry trends.
- Customizing features
- Coding the food delivery application
- Testing the app
- Launching the food delivery mobile application finally!
Furthermore, there are different technologies to mobile app development and various factors that affect the mobile app development cost. To know in detail, click Here to read our detailed blog on web and mobile app development.
How Much Does Food Delivery App Development Cost in India?
On average, food delivery app development costs in India can range between $13,000 to $50,000 which is equivalent to 10 lacs/- INR to 45 lacs/- approximately. However, it also depends upon your business model and the number of features you choose to include in the food delivery app.
Suppose, if you are launching a food outlet, then why would you need to list food menus from different other restaurants like Swiggy and Zomato? Eventually, why would you pay as high as them? Be wise and save food delivery app development costs by avoiding unnecessary features.
So, let’s find out how by scrolling down!
10 Tips To Cut You From Food Delivery App Development Costs in 2024
Avoid going to a web development company for food delivery app development without doing any homework. Lest you should end up paying through your nose for a basic food delivery app which must not cost more than 4-5 lacs/- INR. So, let’s consider the following points-
- You Don’t Need an Uber Eats, Zomato, or Swiggy for Your Business!
When people already have Swiggy, Zomato, and Uber Eats, then why do you want to create a clone app? All these three apps are doing the same job- ‘Food Delivery’. Moreover, they all are popular enough already. Then why would people download your app doing the same job? So, think different! You might surely need a food delivery app, but that food delivery app must have something unique about it.
A mobile app like Zomato and Uber Eats will cost you no less than 15 Lacs/- INR in the present-day scenario. And, people do not even need any clones for these apps. Eventually, do not try to copy what is already present in the market. Rather try to bring a new demand in the market.
Say for example, you may focus on a particular type of cuisine and launch a ‘Chinese Food Delivery App’ or ‘An Indian Food Delivery App’ to a national or an international location for a specific TG still seems to be solving a problem. However, it is only an example, and you can brainstorm further. Depending on your business idea, the food delivery app development cost will vary as per your app requirements.
- Research on Food Delivery Trends and not on the Food Delivery App Development Process
Next, we would advise you to do intensive research on the food delivery trends before jumping directly to the food delivery app development industry trends. It will help you think out of the box. Let’s say for example, presently, when we order food online via Swiggy, Zomato, or Uber Eats, it takes nearly 45-90 minutes to get delivered. However, when a person is hungry, he would need the food as soon as possible.
So, you can think of introducing an App where you are able to deliver the food within 20-30 minutes at every cost. It might bring a new revolution in the food delivery trends. And your food delivery app can get some attention from the public.
Furthermore, Zomato and Swiggy are more popular than Uber Eats in India. Why? Because the former two advertise heavily on all possible advertising platforms. Both these food delivery apps advertise on social media, YouTube, and even on television. So, always have room for marketing and advertising in addition to food delivery app development. Prepare the budget wisely.
Now you might be thinking about how the business model and food delivery trends will affect the food delivery app development cost. The common sense behind this fact is ‘new food delivery trends, different business models, different food delivery app features required!’ Let us scroll down and understand this in detail-
- Focus Primarily on These Customer Features in Food Delivery App Development
Let us now have a look at what features we must and what features we do not need to have in a Food Delivery App when starting an online food delivery app business.
Necessary Features for the User
- Signup and Profile Creation: This is the most important feature to begin with. Every app starts with this feature. Signup and Profile creation allow the user to create his/her profile and also keep a track of activities on the app. Moreover, it is also important for you as a business to have customer data and analytics.
- Search Bar: You might list the 56 bhog menu in your food delivery app. But if the customer has vowed to eat Rajama Chawal today, you cannot change his mind. Rather, if he does not find an easy search bar, he would exit the app immediately. So, you cannot ignore the search bar as a feature to cut food delivery app development costs in 2024.
- Geolocation: Geolocation and GPS tracking are also mandatory features in the food delivery app development process in the present-day scenario. Firstly, they allow one to estimate the delivery time. And secondly, it allows to track the order. And if you do not offer this in your food delivery app, no one is going to order food from your app. It hurts, but it’s true!
- Rating and Reviews: This might or might not be a mandatory feature, but it is good to have it in your food delivery app. It is because you can again collect important data about customer’s choices and also reviews of a particular restaurant (or a food item). These insights will help you improve. And customers will feel listened to!
- Online Payment: We do not need to explain this point, digital payment (and even choosing CoD) is a mandatory feature. So, you cannot avoid this to cut food delivery app development costs either in 2024 or even in 2050 and later.
Unnecessary Features in a Food Delivery App
- Notifications: At least the writer of this blog keeps the notifications turned off. And she opines that other people too do not switch on these notifications. So, you may avoid them!
- In-App Calls: Rather, you can provide the phone number of the delivery partner. You must avoid using the in-app call feature as it adds a huge burden to your pocket. This single feature costs $1000-$2000. Avoid it and save up to $2000.
- In-Built Grocery Order Section: As we said earlier, you do not need another Swiggy or Zomato. So, avoid that Insta-Mart option. People have BlinkIT, Zepto, and even Groffers to order groceries! This will save another $5000 in the food delivery app development cost.
- Dine Out Feature: Please do not provide this feature in your ‘online food delivery application’. It is a complete waste of money for you. Have you ever gone to a Jockey store asking for an Adidas trousers? Then why a person would download an online food delivery app to book a table at a restaurant and dine outside? Apply common sense and save another $500-$1000.
- Refer and Earn: No one has this much time! Again it hurts, but sorry it is true! No one is going to copy the link of your food delivery app and share it on WhatsApp. It is Kalyuga or Corporate Yuga where people have no time! So, let it go.
- Fancy Customizations: Did you know that Swiggy allows you to change its icon? No? We knew it! People do not even look at such features. So, below is a screenshot! Now you are wise enough to understand what we are trying to convey!
- Note This Mandatory Delivery Driver Features that Worth The Food Delivery App Development Cost
For the food delivery app owner, in addition to the above features, you would need order management and data analytics features. While the order management feature would allow you to receive and execute the order, data analytics features will help you grow your business further.
Even if these features increase the food delivery app development cost for you, still, you can’t go without them. However, if the app developer introduces any other irrelevant features. Then you must choose wisely and cut off as many as possible.
- Choose a Web Development Company and Not a Freelance Developer for Food Delivery App Development
If you choose a Freelance Food Delivery App Developer, you might get tricked here! Not every web and app developer is a good food delivery app developer. The same goes for E-commerce app development. Therefore, we would always suggest you to hire a web development company only for the food delivery app development process as it requires expertise.
Moreover, freelancers might charge you a ‘per hour’ rate which might increase the food delivery app development cost by 10 times. Here, the charges must be in accordance with the features and not to the hourly rate of a developer.
- Never Skip Testing to Cut Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024
Testing is another step in the food delivery app development process that is absolutely mandatory. The job of a testing engineer is to check all the technical and mechanical aspects of an application and rectify all the errors. So, never launch a food delivery app without its testing. Now how does this reduce the food delivery app development cost?
Well, see it as an investment as it will eliminate the chances of coding errors and bugs. If you detect an error in your app after its launch, it will definitely cost you much more. You might need to go for re-coding and then you will need to offer an app update to all your users! Clearly, it is more time and cost-consuming.
- Customize Features to Cut Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024
We have already suggested you some mandatory features in a food delivery application. Now, if you have a different idea than us. Then you must discuss it with the app developer. If you feel like you need only some of the features listed above, then explain them to the developer.
Today, on-demand food delivery app development is very popular. Surely, the company would listen to your business model and application requirements. This way you will be able to save unnecessary food delivery app development costs. You may also refer to the table above to estimate per-feature cost.
- Choose Web Application Over Mobile Food Delivery App Development If You Can
Web Applications are also a cheaper alternative to mobile applications. To define a web application in simple words, the web app is an online website with an app-like interface and appearance. For example, you can check the Uber website which offers the same online cab booking features as it provides on its mobile application. Web applications are easy to run with a 2G internet connection as well. However, the only problem is that one would need to open Google and then reach the website.
But it saves app development costs. Now if you are a food outlet looking for a food delivery app, then you may opt for a web application. It will just take another tab to your existing website and you can get a food delivery app in less than 8 Lac/- INR.
So, we can conclude that even though the food delivery app development cost is really high. One can still be wise and can reduce the food delivery app cost to a great extent by avoiding unnecessary fancy mobile app features. To sum up, we must also emphasize that we do not really need a copy app of Swiggy, Zomato, or Uber Eats. Rather, having a great food delivery business idea and getting a relevant mobile application designed for the same is more important. No matter how fancy your online food delivery mobile application is. If your business idea fails to solve a concrete public demand, a food delivery app will help you in no way. So, brainstorm ideas and try to bring something new to the table! Also, trust what Appinnovix has explained to you today! It will help you save a great deal on the Food Delivery App Development Cost in 2024. Also, you may Click Here and read our other blog to understand App development costs better.